Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Argh, Ticks!

Ticks are the spring time and fall time pests! I always do a thorough check but I will tell you that even with two yellow labs and the short coats they have, it is impossible to find every tick. Sometimes two hours later, there is one crawling on their head, and this is after I have checked them over. So during the heavy tick seasons I use Frontline plus to help with the ones I miss and attach to my dog.

Today, though, I want to tell you of a quick handy way to snag the stray ticks. When you see one crawling along on your dog reach for the tape. It is a quick and permanent way to ensnare those ticks without the worry of dropping them or having them cling to the toilet as you try and flush them. The adhesive on the tape keeps the tick in place. When folded over onto itself, tape creates a permanent trap and can then just be tossed in the trash. A little bit more eco-friendly then flushing the toilet to try and rid yourself of the tiny tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics