Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Useful Tool

When I take my dogs out in the morning it is dark out. When I get home from work it's dark out. It is the season when it seems exercising the dogs is reduced because of the darkness that surrounds us. I found a very useful tool to aid in the darkness and allowing my dogs to exercise. I do allow Scout and Henry to go outside without a leash. I do, however, go with them. We have a large field where they often go and wonder about following the smell of deer and other walks of life. While I am not concerned so much that they will run away, I do like to be able to see where they are.


http://www.ruffwear.com/The-Beacon_4
Henry wearing his beacon. Taking the photo at night creates some nice side effects with a moving subject.
Ruffwear makes a product called the Beacon. I love it! It has 3 settings, a quick flashing, slow flashing and a solid light. In theory you can set each dog to a particular light setting so you know which dog is which. I just put both lights on solid as I don't care for the flashing setting.  Now after work, I come home, put their collars on with the Beacon and we set off for a walk around the field. I can keep tabs on the dogs and they can stretch their legs after a long day. I would highly recommend it to anyone that has a free ranging dog, anyone that walks there dog in the dark on busy roads, or anyone that just wants a little sense of security in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics